Monday, July 8, 2013

Green thumb and me?


Nothing could perhaps give one more pleasure than creating life. And when you are 50 years of age and think you have done all that you can when it comes to procreating and taking care of your progeny, perhaps life could come to a standstill? That's what happened with me! The only thing I used to look forward to is the arrival of my son or daughter for a visit. That could be a sparse two months spread across a year! Freelancing to create content or virtual assistance to remote people from Australia to USA was not fun any more. The money was welcome of course but then the work became monotonous.

I NEEDED A CHANGE!

That's when I thought I could perhaps experiment with some gardening. Living in an apartment that too on the 5th floor in Hyderabad is not really conducive to having pets - and by pets I mean only a Labrador. I did have a fantasy life for a few months with Tito (the lab of my imagination - he is very handsome too - full of grins and smiles - (you wouldn't think a lab would grin would you? - but this guy does) and the right amount of mischief, follows me around wherever I go, plonks his heavy body right under my foot when I am working and stuff like that you know - Sigh! - Well how long could the Tito of my imagination keep me company?! So my next option......

Well you may wonder as to how living in apartment that too on the 5th floor in Hyderabad, like I have said earlier, could be conducive to gardening? Surprise! IT IS! Very much so. So here begins my journey or to be exact - it began on the 19th of June 2013. I got up at 5.30 am and decided I want to create a beautiful garden in my balconies (I have two you know).

These are the pictures of the plants that I have started with.














I honestly wish I had taken a BEFORE picture of my balconies - since I have not, you should see the pics above with nothing but rusty iron grills and lots of pigeon droppings. The idea of this blog is to not only keep me on the go, but also, to tell those who love greenery and whose mouths water when they look at amazing garden pics either on the net or in others' bungalows, terraces and even apartments, that they too can create magic. Believe me it is more than satisfying - I mean you are actually creating life all over again!
http://gardensinapartments.blogspot.in/

I have to mention that two lovely people in my life - my sister-in-law Chitra Shanker and Sudha Balasubramanyam, my cousin, have given me so much of moral support in my venture that I feel I have to live up to their expectations.

So here's hoping I carry through with this blog to show the progress I will be making. I have decided to add various sections to this blog - read on if you think it could help you.




Blog Directory Top Blog Sites
Blog Promotion, Promote Your Blog
Submit Blog, Blog Directory Submission
Blogs Candles Promote Blog

1 comment :

  1. Lovely Geethu.....Happy gardening and happy blogging..may your enthusiasm never diminish

    ReplyDelete